Dream Think Imagine meets with our clients to customize an environment to their products needs.
We believe the environment impacts our mind, body, and spirit and specialize in creating environments that promote a positive health care experience. Patients and visitors entering a medical facility are often afraid and worried because they do not know what to expect in what is typically an unfamiliar setting associated with pain and illness. The DTI team are experts at changing this perception by incorporating features into hospital design that reduce stress, promote healing and allow patients to be in control of their environment. Our goal is to create innovative spaces that alleviate fear and stress. Healing spaces consist of a variety of components including artwork, virtual environments, color, texture, music, scents, and lighting.
So can the built environment really affect healing? The early Greeks who thousands of years ago built healing temples intuitively knew the answer. Today, there are studies and research that link the physical environment to better patient outcomes.
What our research shows: Hospital Case Study for MRI:
Don't take our word for it. Listen to why others have created healing environments:
- "Innovative design created a critical advantage in our market"
- "Differentiates our facility from the competition"
- "Improved patient satisfaction scores - A positive patient experience leads to a loyal patient"
- "Increased patient referrals & market share"
- "Improved employee retention"
- "Decreased need for procedural sedation"
- "Improved the public's view of our facility"
- "Operational efficiencies and cost savings"
- "Less repeat exams due to better patient cooperation"
- "Improved patient outcomes - it's a simple as that"
Financial Outcomes - Cancellation Rates
- Cancellation rates decreased by approximately 50% one year after the introduction of a beach themed environment in the MRI suite
- Overall cancellation rate started at 3%
- Total annual exams = 40,000 MRI exams done on 9 MRI units / 3% cancelled = 1200
- Reduce cancellation rate to 1.5% = 600 exams able to be performed
- Average charge of $1800 x 600 exams = $1,080,000 additional gross revenue achieved!
Financial Outcomes - Sedation Rates
- Sedations performed on one MRI unit = 212
- Nursing time is approximately 90 minutes per sedation patient
- Average hourly rate of $30 + 30% benefits = $39 per hour
- $39 x 1.5 hours = $58.50 per sedation
- Nursing cost for 212 sedations = $12,402
- By reducing the sedation rate by almost 3%, hospital ended up saving $7310 in nursing costs in one year!
- Allocation of space for prep and recovery of sedation patients
- Risk of medication reactions
- General inconvenience to patient (must have someone to drive them home)
- Unable to work on day of exam (potential lost wages)
DREAM THINK IMAGINE has extensive experience in every aspect of environmental theming from the initial concept to complete project installation.
We offer unique, custom designed environments that appeal to patients of all ages as well as spaces specifically designed for children or the adult patient. These environments can be designed within existing facilities or applied to new construction. DTI is your one step solution to meet all your theming needs.
Imagine what you can create by calling +1.321.251.6826 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org